Uncategorised

with Eva Brá Barkardóttir (NOW IMAGINE) YOU ARE OLD AND A FRIEND IS BRUSHING YOUR HAIR

Eva and I put a show up last week in Stroud where I live, in the art centre’s front gallery. It’s great because it’s sort of a window gallery so it doesn’t really need to be open, and we made the audio so you can hear it from the street. We are planning a live event with a couple of other artists on August 1st across the building’s outdoor space, but haven’t worked out exactly how it will be yet. We are planning to record an interview next week with the art centre, and to make a little film for those who are sad not to get to the west country. It’s great to have the opportunity to treat it more as a project space and let the work grow (ha).

I filmed the grass growing this morning and set it to eva’s voice over. It needs watering morning and night which is a lot of upkeep but look how well it is growing! We weren’t sure we actually wanted it to grow as we enjoyed the performance of the futile gesture of watering barren cardboard, but it’s just so darling.